Disclaimer: Not Certified As A Specialist
At SmileHere Family Dental, we provide full family dental services and treat all members of your family for the most common or complex oral conditions. In a nutshell, family dentists are general dentists who diagnose and treat several types of oral issues for patients of all age groups. As opposed to visiting different dentists for each individual member of your family, having a common family dentist is much more convenient. Here’s a brief read about our family dental services.
Our cosmetic dental services are customized according to the needs of our patients. They are mainly intended to enhance the aesthetics of your smile. Some of the most popular cosmetic dentistry services we offer include:
- Teeth whitening: This treatment removes stains from the surface of the teeth and gives you a whiter smile.
- Composite bonding: Composite resin is applied to the teeth to reshape their contour or restore their structural integrity. The material is applied in multiple layers and hardened using a suitable curing light.
- Gum contouring: The gums are just as important for the aesthetics of your smile as the teeth. Contouring is a straightforward dental procedure that reshapes and restores the gums.
- Fillings: Fillings are both restorative and cosmetic. They are predominantly used to fill cavities caused by tooth decay, thereby keeping the cavity from growing bigger and putting the entire tooth at risk of being extracted.
Our dentists also specialize in restorative dentistry and can offer you dental restorations made from tooth-colored ceramic to restore your teeth to their ideal condition. Some of the most popular restorative dentistry procedures we offer include:
- Dental crowns: Crowns are made from dental-grade ceramic. They are cap-like structures that are placed on the teeth to cover them entirely. Crowns are used to treat teeth that are chipped, cracked, misshapen, weak, worn out, etc.
- Bridges: Dental bridges are made from ceramic and are composed of a solid prosthetic tooth and crowns on either side. They are the simplest means to restore a missing tooth and often require minimal preparation that doesn’t include surgery.
- Implants: Dental implants are composed of a metal implant stud placed in the jawbone and a ceramic crown that is attached to it. These two parts are connected using an abutment. Since implants are placed directly in the jawbone, they offer excellent strength and stability.
- Dentures: Dentures are removable oral prostheses used to replace a large number of missing teeth. They consist of a gum-colored acrylic base and tooth-colored acrylic teeth.
- Inlays and onlays: Dental inlays and onlays are used to restore teeth infected by cavities and excessive wear, respectively. They strengthen the teeth and restore oral functionality.
Some of the other family services we provide are routine dental consultations, root canal therapy, ultrasonic teeth cleaning, sleep apnea and bruxism treatment, orthodontics, oral surgery, etc.
To schedule a consultation with our dental experts, call any of our offices in Livonia [at (734) 425-7888] or Ann Arbor [at (734) 888-8886] or book an appointment online. We're always happy to help our patients!