Providing dental treatment to children requires special effort and a unique approach. Children tend to make a fuss when they have to visit the dentist or sit in the dental chair. Hence, we make sure children feel comfortable and reassured when they visit us for treatment by practicing a friendly and compassionate approach. Moreover, pediatric dentists are given special training to handle younger patients better.
What services do we offer?
Along with the regular dental specialties, we do offer a few services dedicated to children. Here are some of them:
- Dental sealants: Sealants are acrylic surface applicants placed on the occlusal grooves of the molars and premolars. They are mainly intended to cover the minute grooves fully, thus keeping the microbes and food residues from getting deposited in them. This significantly reduces the chances of developing cavities.
- Fillings: Dental fillings are used to restore teeth infected by cavities. The tartar deposits adhered to the teeth can erode the enamel by releasing toxins, thus decaying the tissues of the teeth. Fillings are usually made from tooth-colored material, such as dental-grade ceramic or composite resin, to stay indistinguishable from the enamel.
- Orthodontics: Getting misaligned teeth treated in the initial stages often provides better results that last a lifetime. Failing to get orthodontic treatment at the right time can affect oral aesthetics and functionality. Hence, we will provide the child with dental braces or clear aligners, such as Invisalign, to treat their malocclusion.
- Cleaning:Tartar deposits adhered to the teeth are the leading cause of gum disease and cavities. We provide oral cleaning services to help get rid of these microbial accumulations. Ideally, you should bring your child for a routine consultation once every six months, during which we will carry out oral cleaning and conduct a thorough diagnosis of their oral tissues.
- Fluoride treatment: Fluoride is a mineral present in the teeth, which improves its resistance to tooth decay. Ideally, we receive fluoride from drinking water and the toothpaste we use. But, when the teeth seem too weak and susceptible to cavities, we will suggest a fluoride treatment to strengthen them. During this, we will apply a topical fluoride-rich applicant on the teeth and allow the mineral to fuse with them gradually.
- Monitoring the growth of teeth:Monitoring the falling off of baby teeth and the eruption of permanent ones is crucial for maintaining a well-aligned smile. We will regularly look into this and make sure your child’s teeth grow as expected without any complications.
You may schedule a consultation with our team of dental experts by calling us or reaching us through an online query. We’re always happy to help.